- BRICS personnel will visit each dispatch center to do the following:
- Switch the center to their temporary radio console configurations with reduced functionality
- Test fire tones and other functions
- Conduct test of dispatch center backup equipment
- By Tuesday evening, all dispatch centers will be operating at a reduced level of functionality. All public safety agencies should be aware that they will only be assigned incident talkgroups when there is an urgent need, and that they will need to reduce any unnecessary radio traffic. All emergency alarms will now be answered by the 9COM center using a special receiver and relayed to the appropriate dispatch center.
- Site Trunking begins
- Three channels taken out of service on present-day BRICS system for preparation on new system, increasing the chance of busy signals
- Reduced dispatch center functionality and restricted talkgroup use continues
Thursday 9/11/2014 – Subscriber Cut-Over
All public safety personnel should pay close attention to announcements from their dispatcher during this period. Users who may not normally use an 800MHz portable should be encouraged to do so. It may be wise for Fire/EMS users to monitor both 800MHz and alternate alerting methods (alpha-page, VHF pager).
Start of Day
- The following agencies should begin the day using their talkgroups on the new system. Consult your template and call BRICS with questions.
- Butler County Regional Transit Authority
- Middletown Senior Center Transit
- Partners in Prime Transit
- City of Fairfield Public Works & Public Utilities
- West Chester Township Service / Public Works
9:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
- All Trenton / 5COM users switch to new talkgroups
10:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
- Switch to new talkgroups:
- All remaining 3COM / City of Fairfield users
- All 6COM / City of Monroe users
- All remaining 7COM / West Chester Township users
- All 8COM / City of Middletown users
- All Butler County Jail users
11:00 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
- Switch to new talkgroups:
- All 1COM / City of Oxford, Oxford Township, College Corner users
- All 4COM / Miami University users
- All 9COM users switch to emergency traffic only and MDT dispatching
11:30 AM (at or around this time, when notified by BRICS over PSAP talkgroup)
- All users under the 9COM / Butler County dispatch center switch to new talkgroups
System will remain under reduced channel availability until mid-day on Friday and all users should continue with necessary traffic only.
Dispatch centers will remain under reduced radio console functionality until their cut-over during the following week.